Other current volunteer roles
Editor: SIBBS Newsletter
An exciting opportunity has arisen for somebody to step into the role of Editor of the SIBBS Newsletter, produced by The Compassionate Friends.
This quarterly newsletter is distributed via email to all bereaved siblings who have contacted TCF. It is also delivered in print to donating members of TCF who opt in to receive it.
The newsletter is a publication created for bereaved siblings to share their experiences of grief and beyond and to pay tribute to beloved brothers and sisters. It also features relevant news from The Compassionate Friends along with content that is helpful, inspiring and encouraging for those on this particular grief journey.
Another lovely aspect of the newsletter is its potential to enhance the sense of community amongst siblings who seek out peer support from Compassionate Friends. As such, some social media engagement with the SIBBS Facebook community will be required as part of the role, including encouraging article submissions, ideas and also to upload published newsletters. Those with social media experience who would be willing to help The Compassionate Friends grow its social media presence for siblings are warmly encouraged to apply.
The Editor will be self-motivated, reliable and dedicated to producing a high-quality quarterly publication, as well as an advocate for The Compassionate Friends – its work, events and ethos. In return, they will have a chance to shape the future of the newsletter and to enjoy a stimulating and hugely rewarding voluntary role.
Required skills and experience:
- A bereaved sibling at least three years on from their loss
- A commitment to delivering a consistently high-quality quarterly newsletter for bereaved siblings
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong written communication skills
- Enjoyment of writing and editing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word essential, social media skills desirable
- An ability to collect and curate relevant items and ideas
- An ability to work both independently and in conjunction with others
If you are interested please email Carolyn at email@example.com
In this section
Support our work
Each year thousands of parents suffer the loss of a son or a daughter. Please help us to support families in their time of greatest need.