0345 123 2304 helpline
Make a

Other helpful organisations

Financial support/advice as a result of loss of a child/other family member

A Child of Mine

Area served: Staffordshire

Telephone: 07803 751229

Website: www.achildofmine.org.uk

Provides confidential emotional support, information, guidance and a listening ear to any family who has lost a child at any age or gestation, and from any circumstances. 1 to 1 emotional support, group sessions, days out and small financial grants to parents and families across Staffordshire. Groups are also provided for both younger and older bereaved children who have lost a sibling. They can offer telephone and email emotional support to families outside of Staffordshire, and signposting to other local organisations and charities.


Hours: Helpline, Monday to Friday 9-5


National Bereavement Service

Telephone: 0800 024 6121

Website: www.the NBS.org.uk

Services: Willl support around practical arrangements following a death. This NHS team of advisors will deal with any and every question related to a death. If they don't have the answer, they will try to signpost to someone who does. This information service is free and impartial and works with individuals to identify the best solution in their circumstances using straight-forward language. This is combined with empathy and understanding of the experience of bereavement and if required, directing individuals to longer term sources of emotional support,

Hours: open Mon - Fri 09.00-18.00 and Saturday 10.00 - 14.00


Pete's Dragons

Area served: Devon

Telephone: 01395 277 780

Website: www.petesdragons.org.uk

Supports anyone in the Devon area who has been affected by suicide. Support is offered through grants to help with unexpected costs, a listening service, practical advice and assistance, source and liaise with support services and children & family fun days.



Stepchange Debt Charity

Area served: National

Telephone: 0800 138 1111

Website: www.stepchange.org

Free, impartial debt advice to anyone in the UK experiencing financial problems. Can advise any parents suffering financial hardship following the loss of a child eg bedroom tax issues, or withdrawal of benefits after the loss of a disabled child.



Tell Us Once

Area served: National

Website: www.gov.uk/tell-us-once

Services: Tell Us Once is a free government service that allows you to report a death when you suffer a bereavement and need to tell central and local government. You will need to contact your Register Office in advance of using the Tell Us Once service which will normally be when you register the death. The Registrar will then advise you how to use the service.


The Good Grief Trust

Area served: National

Telephone: 0800 2600 400

Website: www.thegoodgrieftrust.org

A charity offering help and hope in one online website. It is run by the bereaved for the bereaved. They try to guide you in the right direction for the support you need when you have been bereaved. This is offered through practical help and tips, support organisations and things to consider when you are bereaved.



Widowed in Need

Area served: National

Website: www.widowedinneed.org

Small charity created by a group of widowed people with the aim of supporting widows and widowers in financial distress. Support is offered through grants.



Browse more categories

Loading Tap for Helpline chat