National helpline volunteer
Our National Helpline provides support and information to bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents, and professionals working with families, every day of the year.
If you would like to volunteer with us by donating just a few hours per month, answering calls from your own home, we would love to have you as part of our wonderful Helpline Team – helping us to continue providing a professional, helpful, warm and caring response to callers. We ask that helpline members have lost a child of at least 3 months old up to an adult child. We ask too that you commit to at least 3 helpline sessions per month (each session is 3 hours long with additional time required for admin follow up).
If you are . . .
- at least three years past your own bereavement
- have or would be willing to join TCF as a donating member
- have been supported by TCF in some way, either via the Helpline or a local or group support contact, have attended a supportive weekend or participated in the online Forum or Facebook groups
- emotionally resilient so you can support others
- an empathic, compassionate listener, committed to helping others
- non-judgmental, respectful of others’ attitudes and beliefs
- trustworthy and reliable
- computer literate and with excellent writing skills
. . . then we would love to hear from you. We offer training and support to anyone selected.
For an informal chat about volunteering on our Helpline or for more information and an application form please contact:
Mercier, Helpline Manager
Phone: 07891 523844
In this section
Support our work
Each year thousands of parents suffer the loss of a son or a daughter. Please help us to support families in their time of greatest need.