National Helpline Volunteer
Our National Helpline provides support and information to bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents, and professionals working with families, every day of the year.
If you would like to volunteer with us by giving a few hours each month, answering calls from your own home, we would love to have you as part of our wonderful Helpline team – helping us to continue providing a supportive, warm, empathic response to callers. We ask that helpline volunteer team members have lost a child of at least 1 month old up to an adult child. We ask too that you commit to at least 3 helpline sessions per month (each session is 3 hours long with additional time required for admin follow up).
If you are . . .
- at least 4 years past your own bereavement and where your own loss was within the last 15 years
- have been supported by TCF in some way yourself, or if you have not accessed TCF's support for your own loss, be willing to access some of our peer support to learn more about our charity
- emotionally resilient so you can support others
- an empathic, compassionate listener
- non-judgmental, respectful of others’ attitudes and beliefs
- open to hearing about circumstances of loss and ways of grieving that may be very different to your own
- trustworthy and reliable
- computer literate and with excellent writing skills
. . . then we would love to hear from you. We offer training and support to anyone selected.
For an informal chat about volunteering on our Helpline or for more information, please contact:
Ruth Mercier, Volunteer and Helpline Manager
In this section
- Help us
- Volunteer for TCF
- National helpline volunteer
- Local support contact
- Local support group contact/facilitator
- Grief companion/befriender
- Other current volunteer roles
- Volunteer application form
- Join TCF
- Fundraise for TCF
- TCF 2.5 Challenge
- Work for Good
- Leave a Legacy
- Payroll Giving
- Work for us
- For our volunteers
Support our work
Each year thousands of parents suffer the loss of a son or a daughter. Please help us to support families in their time of greatest need.