Volunteer for TCF
Our volunteers are the heart and soul of our charity - without the help
of our dedicated team we would not be able to support, befriend and comfort bereaved
parents in the way that we do.
People volunteer for many different reasons, but at TCF most bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents tell us they want to volunteer because they want to 'give something back'; they remember the support they received when they needed it.
At TCF support is often a two-way street. Whilst you are volunteering and helping others, you usually find that you are also helping yourself.
We ask that our volunteers:
- Have been bereaved for at least three or more years (we may require you to be longer bereaved for certain roles)
- Have or are willing to join TCF as a donating member
- Have been supported by TCF in some way, either via the Helpline or a local or group support contact, have attended a supportive weekend or participated in the online Forum or Facebook groups
- Attend a Group Facilitation Information and Training Day or other training, where relevant, read the Volunteer Handbook, and make every effort to attend any on-going Information and Development Days
- Abide by TCF’s aims and objectives, policies, procedures and code of conduct
How to apply as a volunteer:
If you have any queries or would like an informal discussion regarding volunteering with The Compassionate Friends, please feel free to contact our Volunteer Manager, email email@example.com. Spring 2022 - we are currently unable to accept volunteer applications for roles other than our grief companion role or if you are a bereaved Dad wishing to volunteer - thank you
Alternatively, please complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Click on the boxes to find out more.
In this section
- Help us
- Volunteer for TCF
- National helpline volunteer
- Local support contact
- Local support group contact/facilitator
- Grief companion/befriender
- Other current volunteer roles
- Volunteer application form
- Join TCF
- Become a Friend of TCF
- Fundraise for TCF
- TCF 2.5 Challenge
- Leave a Legacy
- Work for TCF
- For our volunteers
Support our work
Each year thousands of parents suffer the loss of a son or a daughter. Please help us to support families in their time of greatest need.