Work for TCF
Job Title: Administrator
Reporting to: Office Manager
Location: The Compassionate Friends National Office, Kilburn, NW London
Hours per week: full time (35 hours - 5 days) or part time (28 hours - 4 days)
Salary: £23,000 full time (negotiable)
The Compassionate Friends (TCF) is a nationwide UK charity founded over 50 years ago providing peer support to bereaved parents, siblings (18 years+) and grandparents whose child has died at any age and from any cause. We also provide information on parental and sibling bereavement to professionals and other organisations.
TCF is seeking a hard-working and highly motivated individual to support the work of The Compassionate Friends. Based in our national office in Kilburn, we are looking for an exceptional person to join our team providing high-quality administrative support to our small staff team as well as to our charity’s membership of bereaved parents and their families. Responding to the needs of the organisation, you will need to be flexible, responsive, demonstrate a high attention to detail and able to handle and track effectively a varied work load. You must also be able to communicate verbally and in writing with bereaved parents and their families in a professional, sensitive and compassionate manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate and send out bereavement support packs, leaflets and publications
- Respond to telephone calls, email and postal correspondence
- Maintain effective and efficient administrative processes and procedures
- Accurately maintain a national database
- Assist in the maintenance of the charity’s membership records and data
- Ensure that all admin and financial paperwork and processes are up to date
- Despatch merchandise to purchasers
- Assist in financial administration as required
- Support administration processes involved in recruiting new volunteers to the charity
- Assist with administrative preparation for online and in-person support events
- Respond to emails from individuals requesting support from both within and outside of TCF including signposting to other charities, as appropriate
- Compiling and sending out of the monthly Helpline rota and availability form
- Improve consistency of recording of information and systems used
- Provide technical support for TCF staff/volunteers on occasion/as required
- Assist with compilation of statistics and data
The above is not a full list of duties and you will be expected to take on different tasks as necessitated by the evolving needs of the organisation.
We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workplace and warmly and strongly encourage applicants from minority backgrounds and with a broad range of experiences to apply.
The role is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check for working with vulnerable adults and children.
To apply for this post, send your CV with a cover letter/statement explaining why you are interested in and meet the criteria for joining The Compassionate Friends in this particular role to: Karolina Zwierzyk, Office Manager at email@example.com
Please note we will be interviewing as we receive applications.
Closing date for applications: 7 February 2022
In this section
Support our work
Each year thousands of parents suffer the loss of a son or a daughter. Please help us to support families in their time of greatest need.